Register Now for Fall 2018
Posted On: 07/19/18
Kankakee Community College is offering a variety of fall enrollment options.
Options are listed at www.kcc.edu/schedule, and include viewing classes by subject, location, time of day, or course type—such as online or hybrid.
The college’s fall semester begins the week of Monday, Aug. 21. Early registration is encouraged for the best selection of classes.
Registration and advisement is available in person in Student Services at KCC, which is located on the second floor of the Workforce Development Center KCC is south of downtown Kankakee, off River Road, near U.S. 45 52, or take Interstate 57 to Exit 308 and follow the signs.
Registration hours are 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fridays. College offices will be closed July 20 and 27. Qualified returning students can register online.
New and returning students unsure of the enrollment process can contact the Office of Student Services, 815-802-8500 or visit www.kcc.edu/register.
The KCC Miner South Extension Center, 1488 E. Walnut St. in Watseka, also offers registration and advisement. The extension center is open Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m., and closed Fridays. Advisement in Watseka is available Tuesdays and Thursdays, and by appointment.
8 interesting KCC facts
- Rated #1 in Illinois by Zippia.com for helping students land a job after graduation.
- Top 10% of community colleges in the nation for students who complete a career program and find employment in a related field.
- Top 15% of community colleges in the nation for first-time, full-time students who transfer within 2 years.
- The latest pass rates for all health career licensure exams are above the national average, with most at 100%.
- Ranked #2 in North America among associate degree colleges for sustainability practices.
- Average age of Dec. 2017 & May 2018 Associate degree graduates is 26.
- Practical Nursing program ranked No. 2 in Illinois.
- More high school graduates in this area enroll at KCC than any other college.
Sources: KCC Office of Institutional Research, National Community College Benchmark Project (comparison to other participating community colleges); Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education; zippia.com and www.practicalnursing.org.