Fall 2023 Phi Theta Kappa inductees
Posted On: 11/20/23
Thirty-eight Kankakee Community College students were inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society in October 2023.
Phi Theta Kappa is an international academic honor society for community college students. KCC students who recently joined are:
- Alsip: Arianna Harrison.
- Ashkum: Veronica Medina.
- Beaverville: Dalton Anderson.
- Bonfield: Teresa Dahn.
- Bourbonnais: Rocio Aquillon Navarete, Hailey Keast, Joseph Lamb, Gabriella Longtin, Emma Miller, Sydney O’Dell, Mya Ramdoo and Daniel Sorich (pictured).
- Bradley: Shaylin Fann, Tess Wallace, Chloe Krause, Samantha Porras, Marc Robertson and Jordan Smith.
- Cissna Park: Thomas Henrichs.
- Danvers: Hayden Stork.
- Dwight: Megan Ochoa.
- Essex: Alayna Valone.
- Gilman: Antonio Diaz.
- Kankakee: Avery Chandler (pictured), Meredith Drake, Myllena Lima De Sousa, Delanie Fay, Nicole Mauritzen and Leann A. Nanos.
- Manteno: Joshua Imig, Diana Motel and Mia Robbins.
- Momence: Adyson Duran.
- Watseka: Makayla Hartlep, Haven Maple, Kelsey Gioja, Kylee Shoemaker and Baler Rigsby.
KCC holds induction ceremonies for new Phi Theta Kappa members each fall and spring semester. This fall’s event was Oct. 27.
Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic achievement at associate degree-granting colleges since 1918. It also is the largest honor society in American higher education, with more than 3.5 million members and 1,283 chapters in 10 nations.
The society offers opportunities for scholarships, intellectual enrichment, and personal development through programs based on the society’s hallmarks of scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship. To be eligible for membership, students must have a 3.5 grade point average or better on a 4.0 scale.