For Every Student, For Every Community
Posted On: 11/15/23
Please note: Kankakee Community College is pleased to participate in the new statewide branding campaign, “For Every Student, For Every Community.” Following is information on the initiative from a Nov. 7, 2023 news release.
The community colleges of Illinois have joined forces through the Illinois Community College Marketing Collaborative to announce the launch of a new statewide brand. The Community Colleges of Illinois “For Every Student, For Every Community” campaign focuses on community colleges in Illinois and the many valuable and vital benefits they bring to the state.
“The Illinois Community Colleges are proud of the significant role we play in educating the citizens and future workforce of Illinois. The ICCMC unifies us under one brand, collectively demonstrating our focus on the future success of our state,” said Kishwaukee College President Dr. Laurie Borowicz.
The community colleges of Illinois are 48 powerhouses of grassroots opportunity, defining success student-by-student and community-by-community. Illinois community colleges create a stronger and more competitive Illinois, and a better quality of life for state residents.
The Illinois Community College Board reports the Illinois community college system is the third largest in the country, serving over 600,000 students each year. Illinois is No. 1 in the nation in terms of its community college students earning bachelor’s degrees and serves the most diverse group of students and communities of any post-secondary option in Illinois.
The campaign tagline “For Every Student, For Every Community” highlights the colleges’ common focus, and the messaging centers on five truths that all Illinois community colleges share.
- On our campuses, everyone belongs. We serve the most diverse group of students and communities of any post-secondary option in Illinois. We feel like home, and we open up the world.
- We are outcomes-driven. Our degree and stackable certificate programs help every student forge a clear, personalized path toward their goal, giving them a sense of accomplishment and greater control over their future.
- *We open up access to more rewarding futures. * ** We make the proven and substantial benefits of higher education available to the greatest number of people by doing whatever it takes to help them succeed.
- *We’re flexible, innovative, and agile. * ** We meet students where they are and make the most of their prior learning experiences. We can ramp up and re-engineer workforce development programs quickly, helping businesses and government stay ahead.
- *We’re dedicated and accountable to our communities. * ** We return our communities’ investment by boosting local education levels and social mobility, developing new generations of local leaders, and being a trusted, proactive partner for local economic and civic ambitions.
“Residents in every county in the state are served by a community college focused on preparing students for success in the regional workforce or transfer to a bachelor degree program,” said Lake Land College President Dr. Josh Bullock. “Success of these programs is emphasized by the fact that annually over 84% of certificate and associate in applied science graduates are working local, good paying jobs in their chosen field within a year of graduating.”
The campaign will also promote how Illinois community colleges support local workforce and economic development. Illinois’ community colleges are the largest provider of public workforce training in the state. An ICCB study reports in academic year 2020, Illinois community colleges worked with nearly 9,800 unique employers and showed an estimated total economic output of $3.5 billion on the statewide economy.
“Illinois community colleges play a vital role in our local economy and future growth of innovation. We must continue supporting community colleges and students with the tools and resources they need to create a prosperous future in the workforce. Our future graduates are going to be the economic driver to Illinois’ economy and ICCMC is committed to fostering a strong foundation for every student who enrolls in their program of choice,” said State Rep. Wayne Rosenthal, 108th District.
"Illinois community colleges are deeply woven into the fabric of the communities they serve, nurturing dreams, and building brighter futures together. Our community colleges continue to serve our students as gateways to better lives through the quality education and training they provide. It is that training that, in turn, fuels the industries that call Illinois home and creates economic prosperity for our communities," said ICCB executive director Brian Durham.
The campaign will share student, alumni, faculty, and staff stories on The Community Colleges of Illinois Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn channels with hashtags #4everystudent4everycommunity and #ilcommunitycollegeproud.
“Illinois community colleges place the benefits of higher education within reach for everyone,” said Jim Reed, executive director of the Illinois Community College Trustees Association." Our new hashtag '4EveryStudent4EveryCommunity' emphasizes our unique focus on local learning partnerships between our colleges and the students and communities they serve."
Illinois community colleges began rolling out the brand on campuses this fall, and digital advertising launches this week across the state. For more information about the community colleges of Illinois, visit www.ilcommunitycolleges.org.