18 join Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Posted On: 04/06/22
Eighteen Kankakee Community College students were inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society in March 2022.
Phi Theta Kappa is an international academic honor society for community college students. KCC students who recently joined are:
- Beaverville: Abigail Moldovan.
- Bourbonnais: Matthew Anderson, Sidney Boggess, Michael Harper and Garrett Metzger.
- Bradley: Jolie Keith.
- Clifton: Kaylie Warpet.
- Grant Park: Madison Meherg.
- Herscher: Halie Kohl.
- Kankakee: Sarah Goers, Juli Gottberg, Benjamin Morgan and Gavin Phillips.
- Manteno: Lauren Vozar.
- Onarga: Genesis Carino Crespo.
- Richton Park: Jonas Campbell.
- Saint Anne: Kara Kleinert and Cesar Salgado.
KCC holds induction ceremonies for new Phi Theta Kappa members each fall and spring semester. This spring’s event was March 25.
Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic achievement at associate degree-granting colleges since 1918. It also is the largest honor society in American higher education, with more than 3.5 million members and 1,283 chapters in 10 nations.
The society offers opportunities for scholarships, intellectual enrichment, and personal development through programs based on the society’s hallmarks of scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship. To be eligible for membership, students must have a 3.5 grade point average or better on a 4.0 scale.