9 associated with KCC receive local honor
Posted On: 10/08/20
Six Kankakee Community College graduates and three KCC employees have been named to the Kankakee Chamber of Commerce “40 under Forty,” Class of 2020.
According to the Kankakee Chamber of Commerce website, “The ‘40 Under Forty’ program was started to identity people under the age of 40 who are center stage in our community, working hard to drive the economy and demonstrating dynamic leadership.”
Recipients were nominated by members of the community. Those with a KCC degree are:
- Emily Bertrand, ’05, teacher at Alan Shepard Elementary, Bourbonnais School District.
- Joia Crossley, ’08, assistant principal at King Middle School, Kankakee School District.
- Krystal Hiser, ’06, clinical director at OAK Orthopedics in Bradley.
- Eric Peterson, ’12, co-founder of Project Headspace and Timing.
- Chad Scanlon, ’07, chief of police, Herscher.
- Matthew Schore, ’06, director of business development at A.N. Webber, Inc., Kankakee.
The KCC employees on the list are:
- Beth Nunley, vice president for business affairs.
- Jose da Silva, Ph.D., vice president for student affairs.
- Travis Miller, recognized for his role as a community activist, is a specialist II for the TRIO Talent Search/Upward Bound programs.
Congratulations to all honorees! See the complete 2020 “40 under Forty” list on the Chamber of Commerce website.
Editor’s note: We realize life moves on after KCC. Some honorees may have attended KCC under a different name. If that is the case and we failed to recognize you, please accept our apologies. Also, send a note to email@example.com with the name you had while at KCC and we will verify it, then update this news item as quickly as possible.