Financial Aid information nights and workshops
Posted On: 09/03/19
KCC is hosting financial aid information nights and workshops to assist college-bound students and their parents in understanding the financial aid process.
All sessions are hands-on and designed to help with filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), the form used at all two- and four-year colleges and universities to determine eligibility for federal and state grants, work-study programs, subsidized & unsubsidized student loans and some scholarships.
KCC Financial Aid staff will be available to provide assistance in completing the FAFSA.
Sessions after Nov. 1 will also have information on applying for KCC scholarships. See information below for locations. The schedule is …
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 – 6-8 p.m.: Info Night & FAFSA Workshop – KCC Room M120
- Thursday, Oct. 17 – 6-8 p.m.: Info Night & FAFSA Workshop – KCC Room M120
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 – 6-8 p.m.: Info Night, FAFSA & Scholarship Workshop – KCC Room M120
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 – 6-8 p.m.: Info Night, FAFSA & Scholarship Workshop – Miner South Extension Center, 1488 E. Walnut St., Watseka
- Thursday, Dec. 5 – 6-8 p.m.: Info Night, FAFSA & Scholarship Workshop – KCC Room M120
“It is important to complete a FAFSA as soon as possible after it becomes available Oct. 1,” said Michelle Hasik, KCC director of financial aid. “It does not matter if you have chosen a college or university, or even if the student will attend college. Completing the FAFSA early provides a safety net so when plans are finalized it is not too late to receive grants, student loans and scholarships.”