17 athletes earn academic honors
Posted On: 08/09/19
Seventeen Kankakee Community College student-athletes have received NJCAA honors for their academic achievement during the 2018-19 school year.
The All-Academic First Team members, with a 4.0 grade point average, are:
- Cole Eshleman of Loda, baseball;
- Kloe Longtin of Herscher, volleyball; and
- Cole Stigleman of Redkey, Ind., baseball.
The All-Academic Second Team members, with grade point averages between 3.80-3.99, are:
- Dylan Post of Kankakee, baseball; and
- Dawson Swearengen of Wilmington, soccer.
The All-Academic Third Team members, with grade point averages of 3.60-3.79, are:
- Owen Behrens of Prophetstown, baseball;
- Eric Godines Venegas of Pembroke Township, soccer;
- Max Minich of Grabill, Ind., baseball;
- Ashley Harwood of Kankakee, volleyball;
- Isabelle Hille of Ft. Wayne, Ind., basketball;
- Michael Machnic of Walkerton, Ind., baseball;
- Alexis Marin of Rockford, basketball;
- Genevieve Marion of Bourbonnais, volleyball;
- Olivia Powell of Cissna Park, basketball;
- Emma Schriner of Bourbonnais, softball;
- Dylan Swearengen of Wilmington, soccer; and
- Brandon Wray of Bourbonnais, soccer.
In addition, the Lady Cavaliers basketball team earned a spot on the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association honor roll for two-year colleges. The average GPA for all athletes on the 2018-19 team was 3.13. The Cavaliers were one of only 17 two-year colleges in the nation to have a team grade point average above 3.0.