Fall 2019 classes in Watseka
Posted On: 07/10/19
The Kankakee Community College Miner South Extension Center has seats available in a variety of general education courses for the fall semester.
College credit classes include:
- Introduction to Business (BSNS 1553) on Wednesdays from 6-8:30 p.m.
- PowerPoint (COSC 1341) on Mondays from 1-2:40 p.m. beginning Oct. 14.
- Word (COSC 1352) on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-11:40 a.m., beginning Oct. 14.
- Introduction to Information Processing (COSC 1513) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-6:40 p.m.
- English I (ENGL 1613) on Thursdays from 6-8:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Humanities (HUMS 1513) on Wednesday, from 1-3:30 p.m., Oct. 16 – Dec 4
- Statistics (MATH 1774) on Monday 1-3:30 p.m., Aug. 19 – Oct. 7
- Introduction to Philosophy (PHIL 2513) on Mondays, 1-3:30 p.m., Oct. 14 – Dec. 2
- American Government (PLSC 1513) on Wednesdays 1-3:30 p.m., Aug. 21 – Oct. 9
- Introductory Speech (SPCH 1553) on Thursdays 1-3:30 p.m., Oct. 17 – Dec. 5
Adult Education classes include:
- High School Equivalency classes (formerly known as GED) on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 5:30-9 p.m.
- English as a Second Language classes (ESL) on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6-9 p.m., starting Aug. 19
Entry into high school equivalency and ESL requires an orientation. Please call the SEC to schedule an orientation.
The Miner South Extension Center is located at 1488 E Walnut St. in Watseka. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.. Registration and advising hours are Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m., and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Other hours available by appointment. For more information and to schedule an appointment with an adviser, call 815-802-8780.