Online health professionals classes
Posted On: 02/04/19
The Continuing Education Department at Kankakee Community College is offering a number of online classes for health care professional development. Start dates are Feb. 13 or March 13.
- “A Toolkit for Joy” features information on breakthroughs in neuroscience that are providing tools to rewire the brain for joy, thriving, hardiness, resiliency and real wealth. The cost is $65, and includes handout and contact hours.
- “Certificate in Food, Nutrition, and Health” provides a holistic overview of current food and nutrition issues and their impact on physical, social, emotional, and spiritual health. After successful completion, 16 contact hours will be awarded by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC. Cost is $115.
- “Certificate in Gerontology” offers health professionals a broader understanding of gerontology and emerging trends. After successful completion, 25 contact hours will be awarded by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC. Cost is $210.
- “Certificate in Integrative Mental Health” teaches scientifically proven alternative and complementary methods to address the physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of individuals with a variety of disorders and mental conditions – including depression, chronic pain, and Alzheimer’s disease. Upon successful completion, 20 contact hours will be awarded to nurses, counselors, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists and respiratory care technicians. Cost is $180.
- “Certificate in Perinatal Issues” is designed for providers of care and support for childbearing women, newborns, and families. Upon successful completion, 20 contact hours will be awarded to nurses. Cost is $180.
These courses do not award college credit. More information and registration is at ed2go.com/kankakeecc. Call KCC at 815-802-8207 to make a payment.