Online personal enrichment classes offered
The Continuing Education Department at Kankakee Community College is offering several online personal enrichment classes. Start dates are Feb. 13 or March 13.
- “SAT/ACT Prep Series” prepares students for their choice of the math section or the verbal section of the college entrance exams. These courses include pointers in time management, anxiety relief and general standardized test-taking. Weekly assignments offer opportunities to work with other classmates and the instructor. Cost is $199.
- “Introduction to Interior Design” has information on how to transform plain living spaces into beautiful and functional rooms. Lessons offer the know-how to design from floor to ceiling. It includes color theory, industry trends, spatial arrangement, and floor plans. Careers in interior design and tips for entering this field will be discussed. Cost is $115.
- “Wow, What a Great Event!” teaches how to plan one special event or get information on event planning careers. This course reveals how pieces in the planning process fit together. All sizes and types of events will be covered. Topics include common pitfalls, embarrassing errors, and costly mistakes. The class includes exceptional resources that even experienced planners will find useful. Cost is $100.
- “Luscious, Low-Fat, Lightning Quick Meals” has details on reducing fat in recipes without sacrificing flavor or texture. Learn how to prepare casseroles, crock-pot dishes, vegan dishes, oven-fried foods, meat-based meals, and many other entrees that art both nutritious and delicious! Tips for grocery shopping are included. Cost is $100.
- “Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking” offers digital editing techniques to show off photos and memorabilia. Using Photoshop Elements 11, 12 or 13, this course will teach how to combine traditional and digital scrapbooking. Cost is $94.
- “Introduction to Genealogy” takes participants on the journey of tracing their family’s history. It covers the genealogy research process and interpreting the results. It includes how to use several subscription-based Web sites, which are accessible during the class. Cost is $94.
- “Homeschool with Success” will look at the history of homeschooling and examine its status today in all 50 states. Laws and regulations, and terminology within the homeschool community will be covered. Cost is $94.
These courses do not award college credit. More information and registration is at ed2go.com/kankakeecc. Call KCC at 815-802-8207 to make a payment.