Professional Development online classes
The Continuing Education Department at Kankakee Community College is offering professional development online classes this winter. Start dates are Feb. 13 or March 13.
- “A to Z Grant Writing” equips participants with skills and tools to look for potential funders, network, develop partnerships, assemble proposals and organize a successful grant writing campaign. This course is mainly for nonprofit organizations, including municipalities. Cost is $115.
- “A to Z Grant Writing II – Beyond the Basics” explores all areas of grant seeking, writing and management, including websites for funding and reviewing grant opportunities and application guidelines. Participants will get prepared to track grant writing and funding trends, bounce back from rejection notices, and manage grant awards. Cost is $115.
- “Accounting Fundamentals” teaches the basics of double-entry bookkeeping, and how to analyze and record financial transactions. It includes hands-on experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll procedures, sales taxes, and common banking activities. The class also covers preparing an income statement and closing out accounts at the end of each fiscal period. Cost is $115.
- “Professional Sales Skills” has lessons on how to turn prospects into buyers, provide proper customer service, develop a sales plan, and more. Cost is $115.
- “Effective Selling” is focused on laying the groundwork for repeat business and future success. It includes segments to develop the knowledge, planning skills, communication techniques, and other skills to grow sales. Cost $115.
These courses do not award college credit. More information and registration is at ed2go.com/kankakeecc. Call KCC at 815-802-8207 to make a payment.